Thursday, January 7, 2010

Veggie Planet

Oh, how I have missed Veggie Planet, it's a Harvard Square gem. Today, I met a friend for lunch and a movie date.

We went to VP(Veggie Planet) around 12:45 and there was a line of people waiting for their delicious treats. From fresh made pizza's made in a fire oven, to their wonderful "daily" soups, and great salads- VP has it all. Check out the lunch menu-http://www.veggieplanet.net/menu/lunch.pdf- their prices are great and for $7.25 I got this soup and salad combo, along with a piece of their pizza bread(which is NOT gluten free)so not edible for me.



My friend got a 'Doubleheader' which is two pizza entrees side by side. She had Henry's Lunch(roasted butternut squash, caramelized onions, rosemary & sage, goat cheese and asiago cheese) and the Safe & Sound(fresh marinated tomatoes, sliced mozzarella and asiago cheese topped with basil and fried garlic). My favorite before my gluten problem was the UnSafe and Sound(which is the above with rooster 'spicy' sauce on top) and the Casear on the Big Cheesy Crouton(romaine lettuce, tomatoes, broccoli, tofu croutons, and kalamata olives tossed with Caesar dressing[whole-made] and topped with asiago cheese on top of pizza dough encrusted with asiago cheese) -unbelivable!!! You must like garlic, because it is pretty much in everything! I love it because the prices are fantastic, it keeps me full for hours, they use high quality ingredients, and I am supporting local.

"Doubleheader"



Veggie Planet
47 Palmer St(off of Church St)
Cambridge, MA 02138
(617) 661-1513
www.veggieplanet.net


Workout today:
Hour of Power Yoga @ 6:30am

Meals today:
Breakfast: lettuce wraps(same as yesterday)
Snack: pear
Lunch: veggie planet(soup and salad)
Dinner: lettuce wraps(same)
snacks: 2x "special" gluten free peanut butter cookies(see recipe from last week)

0 comments:

Post a Comment