Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Avocado & Pea Guacamole

After all the buzz around using peas for guacamole I decided to try it out. It seemed like a perfect treat on a such a hot day.


Ingredients:

1x medium ripe avocado
1/4-1/2 cup of Cedars fresh salsa
1/2 cup of chopped parsley
1 clove of garlic minced
1 cup of peas( I used frozen and then cooked them for 2 minutes in boiling water and cooled)
1 tsp. of hot sauce

Add ingredients into a food processor and blend til the consistency you prefer for guacamole( about 15-30 seconds). If you do not have food processor, you can use an immersion blender and blend. Bon Appetit!

Avocado, parsley, salsa and garlic


The above ingredients plus peas


The finished product ;) I like it but I think next time I'll use about 3/4 cup of peas.

0 comments:

Post a Comment