Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Tacos and Cookies...oh my...

My legs are SOO sore from teaching muscle on Tuesday. I taught a spin class this morning and thought that this would help. Alas, it did not! I then took Luna for a nice walk and she got sick, so I had to set up an appointment for her at the vet. :( Poor little one...


Then, Dave came home and we took Luna to the vet! We found out she has a lower gi bug, and were told to give her probiotics! How amazing is our vet!!

I also did some cooking for my cousin's bachelorette that is this weekend in VT. I made granola and oatmeal chocolate chip cookies.

Oatmeal & Chocolate Chip cookies



1 1/4 cup of Bob's oat flour
1 cup of Bob's brown rice flour
1 cup of organic brown sugar
2 medium eggs
1 tsp. of baking powder
1 tsp. of baking soda
1/2 tsp. of salt
1 tsp. of cinnamon
1 cup of Bob's gf oats
2 cups of chocolate chips

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Using a mixer, whip the sugar and butter together. Then add one egg at a time. In a separate bowl, mix flours, salt, cinnamon, baking powder, and baking soda. Slowly add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until Incorporated. Add the oats and the chocolate chips. Makes 3 dozen cookies.





For dinner I made pulled pork tacos. I put two pieces of butterflied lean pork meat in the crockpot mid-afternoon with a little more than 1/4 cup of bbq sauce(Trader Joe's has a great gluten free one) and left it on low for 2 hours. I then took a fork and shredded the pork and put it back into the crockpot for 1 1/2 more hours on low with a couple more tablespoons of bbq sauce.

In my two tacos I put- one red pepper slice, one small slice of avocado, one tablespoon of red onion, two tablespoons of sharp cheddar cheese, one tablespoon of peach salsa and about 1/4 cup of mixed greens. They were delicious!


0 comments:

Post a Comment