Thursday, June 3, 2010

Oat & Chocolate Bar & Swiss Baker bread

My meeting got cancelled today with the food service director so I had some extra time on my hands. I was playing around with the idea of making a treat for my class tonight and fell upon Gluten-Free Goddesses quinoa brownie recipe. I played around with hers and came up with my own Oat & Chocolate bar.




Ingredients:

1/2 cup of Bob's GF Oat Flour
3/4 cup Bob's brown rice flour
1/4 cup of Bob's potato flour
1 1/2 cups of Bob's GF oats
1/4 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking powder
1/8 tsp. baking soda
1/2-1 tsp. of cinnamon
1 shake of nutmeg
1 1/4 cups of organic cane sugar
2 1/2 tbsp. Dagoba drinking chocolate(low sugar and calories but very expensive) Could substitute cocoa powder.
1 1/2 tbsp. maple syrup
1/3 cup of olive oil
1/3 cup of canola oil
2 medium eggs
1/2-3/4 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips

Most of the dry ingredients


Method

Preheat oven to 350F. Place all ingredients down to drinking chocolate into a bowl, and mix. Next add the wet ingredients: maple syrup and oils, and eggs. Stir then add the chocolate chips. The dough will not be liquidy, but rather need to be pressed into a pan. I used a 8x12 size pan, and used parchment paper. Cook in the oven for 20-25 minutes until a knife comes out clean. Let them cool, and cut into squares. Enjoy!


Tonight, my friend Elise brought me this loaf of bread from Swissbakers which is located in Reading, as well as a birthday gift. I'll tell you what those nutrition students are kind souls! :)

The bread


It is light and fluffy, and tasted pretty good. I am already getting excited about using it for an egg casserole dish over the weekend! Thanks Elise!

0 comments:

Post a Comment