Saturday, June 5, 2010

A Day in Concord



After a rather disappointing round of stadiums this morning, where I barely finished half, Dave and I headed down to the Union Square Farmer's Market for some veggies. All I ended up getting was kale. I wanted to make kale chips for dinner.


Since our supposed 'rainy' day turned into a wonderfully sunny day, we headed to Concord with Jen & Len. We stopped at Jen's parents house where Luna met little Satchel, and got to swim in their pond.


Luna, Satchel & Len-man playing in the pond


Luna being a little 'frog'


We then headed into Concord Center for some lunch.

The pups were all wet so we put them in the way back. Alas, Satchel had another idea...


For lunch we went to the Main Street Cafe.

I got their chicken salad on greens


Jen and I also shared their gazpacho which was amazing, but I am not wondering if it had bread in it. Ugh!



After a nice walk on of the trails, we went to Verrill Farm, and picked up some pea tendrils, and asparagus!


I tried making kale chips for dinner.

I cleaned the kale and then took it off the stalk. Preheated the oven to 375F, and added one tablespoon of olive oil and some salt and pepper into the bowl.


Then I placed the kale on a cookie sheet, and baked it for 15 minutes.




The baked kale.



My dinner plate: zucchini strip salad, kale chips, and bell and evan's gf nuggets.

0 comments:

Post a Comment