I had some extra basil leaves left over from making fresh Thai rolls for dinner on Monday night, and didn't want them to go to waste! So - basil/spinach pesto came to mind!
Spinach/basil/Parsley in the food processor...
- 3 cups of baby spinach
- 1 cup of basil leaves
- 1/2 cup of parsley(Market Basket has fresh bunches)
- 2 minced cloves of garlic
- 1/2 cup of toasted walnuts(toasted in a pan for 3 minutes)
- 3 tbsp. of extra virgin olive oil
- salt and fresh ground pepper(to taste)
Place spinach, basil, and parsley into the food processor- pulse for 20 seconds. Add in the minced garlic, and walnuts- pulse for 15 seconds. Then add the olive oil and salt and pepper- pulse for 10-20 seconds. For freezing: place in a container and place plastic wrap on top of pesto, then put container top on.
Spinach/Basil Pesto off to the freezer without plastic wrap...