Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Super Oatmeal


As many of you know, I am NOT a fan of oatmeal- but this morning I might have found a new and improved super oatmeal! My cousin Hilde told me she has read on the blog Oven Love about Egg Oatmeal. I tweaked mine a little bit, and really like it!!





My ingredients minus the raisins...



Ingredients:

1 cup of skim or 1% organic milk
1/2 cup of rolled oats
6 raisins( I know this is a crazy number but I only wanted a few)
1 tsp. of agave nectar
1 tsp. of cinnamon
1/2 apple diced

Methods

In a saucepan: add milk and the oats and cook on medium heat. Cook until the oat mixture begins to bubble. Add the agave nectar and cinnamon and stir. Then add the egg and whisk until the egg is incorporated into the oatmeal mixture. Already the mixture should look creamier than before. Add in the diced apple- and VOILA!

This kept me going for about four house. I had it right after teaching my spin class, which consisted of a TON of speed bursts and two killer hills! It was filling and delicious! Tonight, will be Equinox and the Evolution class. I'll report back later.

2 comments:

mrs_reit said...

oh Meg, you know how I LOVE oatmeal!!! :) I think I'll bring some to MNT for snack today..... :)

Meg said...

Mrs. Reit,
no wonderful elise soup today...???

Post a Comment