Thursday, February 18, 2010

In the Fridge...

A collection of what was in the fridge...


Dave came in the door from a run, I had sat in traffic for 35 minutes and we were both starving. Options: Thai takeout, Bell and Evans(gluten free) nuggets from the freezer or 'whatever is in the fridge.' We took the fridge route and it actually turned out pretty well.

What I found in the fridge:
1 cup of roasted chicken(from last night's roaster)
3/4 container of firm tofu
1 cup of snap peas
3 carrots
2 scallions
2 tbsp. gluten free teriyaki sauce
1 tbsp. sunflower butter
1 tbsp. rooster sauce

In the cabinet:
1 medium onion
1 1/2 cups of rice noodles
1/4 cup of roasted peanuts
1 tsp. of fresh grated ginger
1 tsp. of grated garlic
1 tsp. extra virgin olive oil

I sauteed the veggies and tofu in a fry pan with the olive oil for 3 minutes, while Dave cooked(rather soaked the rice noodles). I added the sauces(rooster and teriyaki), sunflower butter, peanuts, garlic and ginger and the rice noodles. Voila!

My plate...




On another note:

I've decided to give up chocolate for Lent, it's going to be a long eight weeks... I'll need some help along the way- any ideas for other gluten free treats? :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment