Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Potato Crusted Quiche

Dave was out for dinner tonight, so I had a veggie dinner, a potato crusted vegetable quiche to be exact.


First, I shredded 2 small sweet potatoes and 6 teeny tiny potatoes = 2 cups of shredded potatoes into a pie dish. I then pushed the potatoes into the pan(sprayed with olive oil), and cooked them at 350F for 12 minutes.


Then I placed three plum tomatoes cut thinly and 2 tablespoons of basil on the potato crust.




Then, I diced 1/2 cup of red onion, 1/2 cup of red pepper, and one tablespoon of grated garlic and sauteed the mixture for 4 minutes on medium heat. Then, I added this mixture on top of the tomato slices.



I then whipped together 4 eggs, 4 egg whites, and 1/4 cup of 1% milk for one minute, and placed this on top of the veggies in the pie dish.

I then cooked the egg dish for 34 minutes.

How good does this look?



After a home 'spin' and ab workout, it was perfect dinner with some Mary's Gone crackers!

Now, on to watch Glee for a homework break!

0 comments:

Post a Comment