Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Thai meatloaf with noodles





I seriously think Martha Stewart would be impressed with this meal! :) I modified the recipe from her magazine this month.

In our thai mini meatloafs:
- 2 pieces of toasted gluten free brioche, pulsed in the food processor
- 1 egg
- 2 scallions, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp. of Sriracha sauce
- 1 cup of milk
- 1 lbs of 96% lean ground beef
- 1 lbs. of 96% ground turkey
- 1/4 cup of minced cilantro
- shake of Crazy Jane salt

I made wide rice noodles sauteed with scallions, garlic, and cashews as the side!


Dave and our friend Toby hoovered these little ones!!!

I wanted to try another mini cheesecake recipe, so they were my guinea pigs!!

I hit this one on the head... they taste MUCH better this way...

Mocha Mini Cheesecakes

- 1 1/2 cups of nonfat or lowfat cottage cheese( I used lowfat)
- 1/2 cup of part skim ricotta
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp. strong coffee
- 2 tsp. of vanilla
- 1/3 of cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 cups of powdered sugar
- 3/4 cup of semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips
- 11 paper muffin cups

Preheat the oven to 275F. Place all ingredients down to the powdered sugar into a food processor and blend until smooth. Then, distribute evenly into 11 muffins cups. Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes until cooked through. Let cool, and then place in the fridge for atleast one hour. Melt the chocolate chips in the microwave, and distribute evenly on top of each cheesecake. Let it cool and harden. Enjoy!




2 comments:

Matt @ FaveDiets said...

This looks like it was an incredible meal! I was just curious though as to why you used both turkey and beef for your meatloaf.

Meg said...

I used both turkey and beef, due to what I had i the fridge and that I think sometimes lean turkey does well mixed with beef in recipes!

Post a Comment