Sunday, September 12, 2010

Weekend In VT

I am just getting back from a wonderful weekend in Quechee where I was celebrating my cousin Biz's upcoming nuptials! The company, the food, the laughs- it was perfect weekend!

But, let me start at the beginning...

My friend Carrie, my cousin Hilde, and I drove up Friday afternoon. We hit some MAJOR traffic but got to the house right before the others got there.
Hilde had brought some beautiful salad fixings from Wilson Farm to accompany our dinner.


We ordered pizza from Fire Stones. I ordered a salad: grilled chicken, bacon, gorgonzola cheese, tomatoes & mixed greens, chopped & tossed in a mustard vinaigrette.


On Saturday morning,Hilde and I made granola parfaits for all the ladies with Butterworks yogurt and my homemade granola.


After morning yoga and spa treatments for some, we stopped at the Trap Door Bakehouse- Cafe for lunch. They had a delicious hen and vegetable soup. It was the perfect meal to have before walking down to Quechee Gorge.





We then started the evening early with some mojitos! Delicious & gluten free...




Then, we were off to Simon Pearce to have our celebratory dinner. Our waitress, Dawn, had an entire list of gluten free selections in her pocket. It made the night that much better ;)

I started with a tomato and mozzarella salad. The tomatoes were a perfect summer end in the crisp Vermont air, and the cheese was delish!



I then had the Maine Lobster risotto, which was amazing! Can you tell I like cheese!?!


For dessert the table shared the flourless chocolate cake and creme brulee. A perfect end to the evening... well the evening at the restaurant... ;)


The ladies ;)



I can't wait to see these ladies again at Biz's wedding in October...if not before... ;)

0 comments:

Post a Comment