Saturday, May 15, 2010

The Wicked Oyster



Our trip to Provincetown was great. The weather was spectacle, and the local galleries were amazing. It definitely started to feel like 'cape season' by the early afternoon though. I popped into the Recycled Retriever, and picked up a floatable disc for Luna's time in the water. It came with a 100% warranty, which for a dog toy is amazing! We then came back to the house and read outside on the porch... it was so nice.

For dinner we went to another one of Elise's favorites- The Wicked Oyster in Wellfleet. She and her husband have found the best restaurants in the 'lower cape.'

Marcia and Marybeth got their 'green' salad, and the ladies also shared their squash fritters to start.

Elise got a beetroot and chevre salad(breaded cheese so I didn't try it)


I had the carrot coconut and ginger soup which was gluten free and tasted so good.


I also had the caramelized onion and fresh mozz burger...sometimes a burger sounds soo good. I only had ONE fry because the waiter told me they were floured. I had to have one.... so naughty....


Marybeth and Marcia both got the curried winter squash and chickpea cakes(not gluten free) but looked like a masterpiece.


Elise's burger with bleu cheese and applewood bacon, also looked great.




To top off the evening we went to Eastham's homemade ice cream spot-Nauset ice cream(no website).



I got a kiddie chocolate chip with chocolate 'jimmies.' I couldn't finish it though, I was too busy listening to a little boy and his knock knock joke repertoire.

1 comments:

mrs_reit said...

Such a fun weekend! I'm so glad you girls like food as much as I do! :)

Post a Comment