Wednesday, December 2, 2009

A new breakfast(gluten free)

So this week, I'm out of my gluten free bread, and really wanted to try something different for breakfast. So oat bran it is, it's warm and doesn't take like oatmeal!! There is about 5 grams of fiber and protein, and it keeps me filled til lunch. I know that some gluten intolerant people can't have oat bran, or even oats, but the Bob's Red Mill oats and oat bran seem to fine for me. While Whole Foods oats, in their bulk bins, have me in pain for days! Anyways, my new breakfast consists of these ingredients:



Morning Oat Bran Recipe:

1 cup of milk(I use 1%)
1/3 cup of oat bran
1/2 tbls. of cinammon
1/2 tbls. agave nectar
1/8 toasted walnuts
apple(cut up) or pear
dried cransberries/cherries

Bring the milk to a boil- then add in the oat bran, along with the agave nectar and cinammon. Bring down to medium to low heat and stir, til the consistency you like. I then added the walnuts, and either fresh or dried fruit.


Happy Hump Day!

0 comments:

Post a Comment