Monday, April 19, 2010

Protein Pancakes




I don't have much time to write... I must get back to my studies ;(

BUT, I made protein pancakes to start my day off right this morning.

Ingredients:
1/4 cup of lowfat cottage cheese(I used the whipped variety)
3 egg whites
1/4 cup of oat flour(gluten free) OR 1/3 cup of oats(food processed)
1/8 tsp. of baking powder AND baking soda
shake of salt(less than 1/8 tsp)
optional: cinnamon(1/2 tsp) and vanilla(1/2 tsp)
1 tsp. of canola oil

Throw all the ingredients into a bowl and stir until mixed. Preheat pan to medium heat and then add canola oil to pan, to coat. Cook the pancakes about 2-4 minutes on each side, until slightly brown on each side. Enjoy alone, or with fresh fruit that has been heated slightly(raspberries and blackberries are delicious on top!).



Back to the books I go...

0 comments:

Post a Comment