Friday, October 8, 2010

Busy Friday

After much deliberation, I bit the bullet and bought a new iphone today. Not just any iphone, I got the 4th generation so I could take pictures ;)

So tonight I unveil my new 'camera' for blogging:


My lunch ingredients: quinoa, feta, roasted Macintosh apples, sweet potatoes and onions. My friend Nyssa was coming over for lunch, and I wanted to make something quick and 'fall' tasting!



The bowl of roasted deliciousness


'Roasted Fall Quinoa' - roasted fruits and veggies, feta, dried cranberries, and quinoa with a balsamic mustard dressing



Ingredients:
2x Macintosh apples, diced
2x small sweet potatoes, diced
2x yellow onions, diced
1/4 cup of dried cranberries
1 cup of quinoa
2 cups of water
1 tsp. of cumin
1/2 cup of feta, crumbled
1 tbsp. of olive oil

Dressing

1 tbsp. of olive oil
1 clove of garlic, grated
1 tbsp. of honey mustard
2 tbsp. of balsamic vinegar
salt and pepper

Preheat oven to 425F. Roast apples, sweet potatoes, and onions in 1 tbsp. of olive oil for 25 minutes on a sheet pan. Then, place the quinoa, water and cumin into a saucepan and bring to a boil. Then simmer the mixture for 12-15 minutes, covered until the quinoa's cooked through. Place the quinoa, roasted vegetables, dried cranberries, and feta into a bowl and mix. Then, in a small cup whisk together the honey mustard, balsamic vinegar, olive oil and salt and pepper. Mix the 'dressing' with the quinoa. Enjoy!

After lunch with Nyssa, we took Sophie and Luna to Fresh Pond for a walk... and a swim ;)

Look at these 'perfect' sits! They know I always carry treats!! :)
A wonderful afternoon, finished with a quick wash for the pups at Laundromutt. They were dirty little beasties!

0 comments:

Post a Comment