Monday, October 25, 2010

Black bean pasta & Black chickpeas

I picked up this gf black bean pasta in Portsmouth this weekend.



Look at the amount of protein in this pasta!!! But, why o' why is there NO fiber- they took out one of the best part of black beans!! The ingredients: organic black beans, and water.


I made a little stir fry with red peppers, baby spinach, a small sweet potato, and some sunflower seeds. It was pretty good!


My friend Aparna brought me a new treat today at the hospital- 'black chickpeas.' I didn't know that these even existed. They are delicious, more nutty and earthy in flavor than the regular ones! I can't wait to go hunting for them in the store ;) I see a perfectly decorated Halloween meal coming on ;)



I am trying to decrease the amount of lactose I consume, so I've been using Organic Valley lactose free milk. Then, this week when Green Valley yogurt was on sale, I decided to try it out!



I'll get back to you on how it tastes!

0 comments:

Post a Comment