Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Another one...

Today, I had my yearly physical. What I haven't been writing about, is that I haven't been feeling very well. So, after dicussion with my PCP, she thinks I might need lactose to my list of 'no-foods!' Bummer! Boy, is this going to take down my list of foods I can consume.

I'm going to go in to have a lactose breath test, but for now I'm going to try an exclusion diet. I love cheese, so this is going to be hard.

Post physical I make a quick stop at Whole Foods for some 'non-lactose containing' foods.


First stop, something for my cup of morning coffee. I picked Vermont Soy, chocolate flavor to be exact! I can not stomach regular soy milk! Yuck!



The nice Dr. also mentioned I should take a calcium supplement, especially since I will be taking milk products! These were on sale for $7.99 and dark chocolate flavored!




I also picked up someMesa flakes
to make a treat;)



Crispy Cereal Bars.

6 cups of Mesa flakes
10 ounces(bag) of marshmallows(note: watch for modified corn starch in these, which can have gluten)
2 tbsp. of butter
1 cup of chocolate chips

- Spray a 9x13 Spray a 13 by 9-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
Then melt butter in a large pot over medium heat, and stir in the marshmallows. Cook until completely melted. Stir in cereal, and chocolate chips, until well-coated and combined. Press mixture evenly into pan. Cool and cut into squares. Pack in an air-tight container.




Mid-afternoon in between doing loads of homework, I did 45 minutes on my spin bike. It was fantastic, I watched a new 'fall' tv show and got my sweat on!


After a dark park run, I made quinoa hash for dinner.

First, I diced one large yellow onion, two small sweet potatoes, one Macintosh apple, and 1/2 of a red pepper. Then, covered them in one tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil and salt and pepper. I then roasted them for 35-40 minutes at 400F.


I then cooked one cup of quinoa...


in low sodium vegetable stock and one teaspoon of cumin for 18 minutes.



I then mixed the roasted veggies, quinoa, and 1/2 cup of parsley together. For a little extra protein, I added a poached egg on top!




I can't wait to have this post-spin class tomorrow morning! It was perfect on a cool fall evening!

0 comments:

Post a Comment