Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Whirl by Wednesday

I started this morning with a banana and a cup of coffee pre spin class!

My post breakfast meal: potato crusted quiche. A perfect mixture of protein, carbs, and fat!


Then, I got some major homework done before lunch and taking Luna to the park for a romp.

For lunch I made three corn tortillas with 50% light Cabot cheddar into quesdillas. On the side: a homemade corn and black bean salsa.

In my homemade salsa:
1/4 cup of red onion, diced
3 small plum tomatoes, diced
1/4 of a red pepper, diced
Juice from one lime
1/2 cup of black beans
1/2 cup of corn sauteed in olive oil(1 tsp) and chili powder(1/2 tsp.)



Then I met my friend Nyssa, who has her mom's dog for a couple weeks for a walk. We took the pups to Fresh Pond and then to LaundroMutt to check out bathing our dirty pups. We decided against it for time's sake, but both want to go back. It's such a cute place! Plus, the couple that own's the shop went to our college alumna mater!

The pups in the car on the way to LaundroMutt


I then made oatmeal and chocolate chip cookies for book group that was tonight. I actually read the book, The Hunger Games. :)


I had been cooking pho chicken broth ALL day.

I found these brown rice noodles at Pemberton Farms in Cambridge. This is the first time, I had found brown rice rice noodles, and couldn't wait to add them to my pho broth.



Delicious!


I can't wait to have leftovers tomorrow!

0 comments:

Post a Comment