Monday, August 9, 2010

Monday=stuffed shells

Right before we left for Canada, I was in Whole Foods and found these Tinkyada shells for only $1.49! Tonight, was a perfect night to whip a batch of stuffed shells.



I couldn't decide on the sauce... TJ's marinara or 365(Whole Foods) roasted vegetable. 365 won in the end- due to it's rounder flavor for this dish!



I used part-skim ricotta(15 oz) for the shell filling and added 1/4 cup of fresh parsley, 1/2 cup of shredded zucchini, one egg, 2 tbsp. of shredded mozz, 1 tbsp. of freshly grated romano, and fresh ground pepper.



For the stuffed shells(I placed 1/2 cup of red sauce on the bottom of baking pan, and then placed the shells on top) before cooking them. Note: I cooked the shells for 16 minutes in boiling water than cooled them off for 1 minute in running water before stuffing them and cooking them in the oven).



I preheated the oven to 350F, and sprinkled the shells with 1/4 cup of shredded mozz and 2 tbsp of romano cheese, then covered them with tin foil and placed them in the oven for 30 minutes.



My plate: 2 1/2 stuffed shells(they are about 2 inches long) and baby spinach with avocado and grape tomatoes.


Beccah, my gf buddy, brought some leftover cupcakes to me this morning at the gym. Dave and I had them for dessert. I picked at them a bit, but they were kind of stale(sorry Bec) so I didn't dig in too much ;)


Back to working on the wedding website, and reading Mountain Beyond Mountains.

0 comments:

Post a Comment