Sunday, August 22, 2010

Farm Fresh Veggies

I walked to the Union Square farmer's market to pick up fresh veggies for dinner and this week yesterday.

For $24 dollars I purchased:
- 8 ears of corn
- parsley
- mint
- basil
- 1x eggplant
- 2 zucchini
- 1x bunch of beets
- 3 1/2 lbs. of tomatoes



After thoroughly cleaning of our house, I got into the cooking for evening guests, Dave's family.

The Menu:
Summer Red Quinoa Salad
grilled corn
tomatoes mozzarella and basil
grilled chicken(marinated in balsamic vinegar, garlic and parsley)
grilled steak skewers(marinated in the same)
Kick*ss Cupcakes


Tomatoes, mozzarella and basil with a balsamic vinaigrette


Kick*ss Cupcakes


My plate: filled with a delicious summer dinner!



We had plentiful leftover... love it...So this morning, I made poached eggs with leftover tomatoes, mozz and basil. Yum!

0 comments:

Post a Comment