Monday, August 23, 2010

Pho Noodle Soup

I just couldn't stop thinking about pho chicken soup today. I think it was the cold weather and 60 degree weather. So, I decided to make some from scratch. Why buy it, when you can make it yourself. :)

Ingredients:
- 4 1/2 lbs chicken(cut into pieces, breasts removed from bones)
- 2 tbsp. cloves
- 3 inches of fresh ginger
- 1 bunch cilantro stems
- 1 1/2 tbsp. coriander seeds
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- 2 tbsp. fish sauce
- 4 cups of low sodium chicken stock
- 4 cups of water


All the above ingredients went into the pot, and cooked simmered for about 2 hours. I then, strained the both and added only the shredded chicken back in the pot. The flavor on this broth was breathtaking.

Accompaniments: cilantro, basil, red pepper, lime wedges, rice noodles, and Sriracha hot(rooster)sauce.




My bowl(the first one) with accompaniments, and Dave's ...

0 comments:

Post a Comment