Thursday, August 19, 2010

Helpful Sites...




Someone asked me the other day where I find ideas for some of my meals. So, I thought it would be helpful to show a list of some of my favorites books, websites, and magazines that I find ideas or recipes.

Websites:

- Eating Well
- Food Network
- New York Times Dining section
- Gluten Free Goddess blog
- Smitten Kitchen blog

Cookbooks:

- Joy of Cooking(for when you need a need background data)
- Barefoot Contessa, Family Style, Back to Basics & Parties( simple beautiful recipes that are easy to transition to gluten free)
- Any gluten free cookbooks by Carol Lee Fenster

Magazines:

- Eating Well
- Cooks Illustrated
- Cooking Light
- Martha Stewart(yep, she still writes some fantastic recipes, in my opinion)
- ADA Times


Overall, I think it's important to get comfortable in your kitchen, especially if you are living gluten free. Learning how to modify a recipe, by trial and error, is a easy way to learn what works and what doesn't.

For instance, last night I made another batch of gf carrot muffins and didn't have any sugar, so I mixed agave nectar and a little maple syrup instead and they came out BETTER than if I used sugar. Sometimes, it's all about trying something out! Good luck!

0 comments:

Post a Comment