Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Taberno de Haro

After a family weekend, it was so nice to get together with the ladies from school. Marcia, Elise, Marybeth and I all met at Taberno de Haro in Brookline for a fantastic dinner. I have to admit when you walk up to this place it looks a little dreary but the atmosphere inside felt like a Spanish paradise. It could also have been seeing my ladies though.

Our waitress was helpful in not only finding a white wine(to cool ourselves off from the summer heat) but also checking with the kitchen for any gluten in our tapas selections. I was free and clear, and haven't had a reaction! ;)

Our dinner:
potato omelet(no picture)
roasted red pepper salad(no picture)
mussels in a tomato base sauce
eggplant, peppers and onion topped with poached eggs
shrimp cooked in garlic and olive oil
hen braised in sherry and herbs


The mussels...I couldn't get enough of the broth...



I don't normally like shrimp but this was delicious perhaps it was the plethora of olive oil ;)


The eggplant dish was creamy, soft, and perfectly flavored.



The hen cooked in sherry and herbs was quite good, but a tad bit salty.



This is definitely a restaurant I would go back too ;)

Taberno de Haro
999 Beacon Street
Brookline MA 02446
617 277 8272

1 comments:

mrs_reit said...

I had been wondering if you had a reaction, phew! We really need to do this more often - I feel like we didn't have enough time for all of the talking we wanted to do! :)

Post a Comment