Sunday, June 20, 2010

Summer bounty

I've been cookin' up a storm the last two days. I really am happiest in the kitchen, and I now have plenty of food for the week!

Yesterday, I made gazpacho(tomatoes, zukes, red onion, parsley, red pepper,and serrano pepper, red wine vinegar, garlic, and olive oil). It tastes like summer, and is perfect when it's hot out!




I picked up some rhubarb at the farmer's market in Union Square and decided to make a rhubarb & blackberry crisp for dessert.

A beautiful collection of rhubarb and blackberries


The crisp!



For dinner tonight: turkey and tofu 'fresh' rolls.

In the rolls: turkey and tofu, carrots, red peppers, cilantro and buckwheat noodles.


The rolls



It's a busy one this week: last week of summer school, an MDA committee meeting, family wedding, volunteering in the hospital, and clients. Bring it ON!

0 comments:

Post a Comment