Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Breakfast Favorite



This morning, I got back from the gym and was reminded of the fact that I didnt have any of my gluten free bread from Abigail's bakery. It's a brown rice and millet bread, sweetened with agave nectar, so amazingly good in a world of really awful tasting gluten free breads! A real bummer when I'm out!
Another go-to "quick" breakfast meal I make though - Sweet potato hash with poached eggs! So delicious!

Recipe:
- small sweet potato(shredded with cheese grater)
- small yellow onion(diced very finely)
- 1 tsp of extra virgin olive oil
- 2 medium eggs
- 1 tsp. white vinegar
- shake of salt
- 2 cups of water( for poached egg boiling)
- salt and pepper to taste

Place a fry plan on medium-high heat and add the olive oil. Then place the shredded potato, and diced onion in the fry pan and cook about five minutes, til slight brown coating is seen on the mixture. Bring a saucepan of water salt and vinegar to boil when the water starts to boil- place the eggs CAREFULLY into the water, and bring the heat down to low. Cook the eggs for around 3 1/2 minutes- depending on how you like your eggs cooked. I added a grapefruit, on the side, for a little fruit added to my morning!

Enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment