Sunday, November 22, 2009

Fall Weekend




Well, the leaves are falling off the trees, and to me these large piles of leaves mean a couple things....the semester is finally coming to an end...the holidays are almost here...warm soups and stews...family time!

I love warm chilies, sauces and stews that fill your body up, and keep you full for hours. Sometimes, I even have them for breakfast, it’s deliciously filling!


One of my favorites for Sunday Dinner:

Turkey meatballs (gluten free)

- 1/2 cup of oats (food processed to a meal)
- 1 medium egg
- 2 tbls. of tomato sauce(whatever you are using with your pasta or have in the fridge)
- 1 lb. of ground turkey meat (94% lean...I think Plainville)
- salt and pepper
- any fresh herbs you have in the house
- 2 tbls. of mozzarella or parmesans cheese
- Rest of the jar of pasta sauce or whole made sauce (I like anything with low sugar(aka. no added sugar in the sauce)
- pasta ( I use Eden Organics kamut- high fiber/protein)

Preheat the oven to 400F. Mix all the ingredients in a bowl, and roll up mixture into little or big balls onto a cookie sheet or onto baking dish. Cook in the oven for 25-30 minutes (until cooked thoroughly). On the stove, place a saucepan with sauce. When the meatballs are done, place them into the sauce on low heat until ready to heat or the pasta is ready. I sometimes add frozen peas and carrots into the pasta, when cooking for a little boost of fiber/daily veggies. Mix everything together, add some cheese on top and VOILA!





This Thanksgiving we are heading up to New Hampshire.

I am in charge of:
- the butternut squash( she asked for this one)
- corn pudding
- gluten free apple crisp
- quinoa stuffing
- sparkling apple cider

We'll see how it all goes, and I will take pictures of all the finished products...

0 comments:

Post a Comment