Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Oatmeal Pudding



So, I've had a couple of you ask about the oatmeal pudding recipe- so here it goes.
My wonderful Elise found the recipe in a vegetarian cookbook she just purchased, and I can't remember the author. Hopefully, she'll post the name of the women for me :)
I did change the recipe slightly, as I usually do!


Oatmeal Pudding

1 cup of Gluten Free Oats
2 cups of milk(lowfat or skim OR use half milk and half water)

Cook in saucepan over medium heat for between 5-7 minutes until creamy and delicious. Cool oatmeal mixture enough so that it can be combined with eggs and not cook the eggs.

Preheat oven to 350F.

Next, place:

1 medium egg
2 medium egg whites
1 cup of skim or lowfat milk
1 cup of lowfat/fat free cottage cheese(Friendship is the best!)
3 tbsp. of brown sugar OR maple syrup OR agave nectar
1/4 cup of raisins( I did not add these)
1 tsp. of cinnamon
pinch of nutmeg
AND oatmeal

into either a large bowl OR food processor. I food processed my mixture, and didn't like the consistency so the next time I am going to add the 'cooled' oatmeal to the other ingredients, and just stir the mixture together. Place in a 9x9 or larger baking dish. Cook for 40 minutes, or until set. Bon Appetit!

2 comments:

mrs_reit said...

It's "the Essential Vegetarian Cookbook" by Diana Shaw. It was published in 1997 but it's new to me! I also just bought "Almost Vegetarian Entertaining" by the same author and it looks like it's FULL of great recipes too! :)

Meg said...

Thank you Elise!

Post a Comment