Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Chili & Chips

After training this morning, I worked from home ALL day! I got a ton of school work done, chores, a great 'home' spin, two nice long walks with Luna, and made turkey chili for dinner. Overall, it was a very successful day!


I made myself 'fake pho' soup for lunch. I had some chicken stock in the freezer I warmed up, then I threw in some minced ginger, carrots and red pepper slices, three small pieces of chicken, and some rice noodles. Of course, it needed a little heat so I had some rooster sauce, and a tiny bit of this chili garlic sauce!


This meal was filling and got me ready for my afternoon spin!


Then, as a wonderful addition to our dinner tonight I made: homemade corn tortilla chips! They were so easy and D-E-L-I-C-I-O-U-S!

Chips and chili--- what two fantastic "C" words!


My corn chips:

3x corn tortilla(make sure they are gluten free!)
1 tbsp. of olive oil
salt(if desired)

Preheat oven to 400F. Brush the tortillas on both sides with the olive oil. Then cut into triangle shapes. Add salt or any other spices you desire(I added a little salt)! Then bake in the oven for 8-10 minutes. Check them at 8 minutes, and see if they have reached your desired crispness, if not keep cooking.


0 comments:

Post a Comment