Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Beans Galore!

Apparently, I have been on a bean kick this week and I didn't even notice it until now!

A fried of mine, made me a delicious spiced chickpea salad on Monday. She used mango powder, coriander, cumin, cilantro paste, garlic and more to season these little delicious and nutritious peas! It's amazing what flavors will come together well... It's definitely a recipe I'll have to get from her and share!


Thanks Aparna!


Last night I made chili with local NH buffalo for dinner. With this cold and rainy weather it is a perfect warm meal! But, again with the beans...




A note about these little wonders:
Beans are packed with fiber, slow digesting carbohydrates and protein. I consider them to be a powerhouse of nutrition, and worth cooking with in your kitchen! :)



I'm off to my first dietetic internship meeting today... It's time to start the application process.

0 comments:

Post a Comment