Friday, October 15, 2010

Warm Eats

After a round of sessions this morning, I came home and decided it was time to make my first 'fall' stew of the season.

Ingredients- all straight into the crockpot
1 lbs. of buffalo stew meat
3x small sweet potatoes
2x small onions, diced
1/4 bottle of cab
3 cups of homemade chicken stock
2 cups of good tomatoes, pulsed
1x green pepper
3x celery stalks, diced
2x scallions( I dont know why, but I added them)
2x garlic cloves, minced



Then, my friend Maisie from school called and needed help with her puppy, Emily.

So, Luna got a play pal ALL day! They were absolute nut jobs! So, I moved to the kitchen table to get work done, and gave them full rule over the living room! I could only get them to sit with treats in my hand... Doesn't Emily look like a mini Luna?


30 minutes of napping for the two rascals, was AMAZING - so I had to get it on film!


I needed a puppy/work break so I decided to make an apple crisp with our buffalo meat stew. The best recipe our there: Ina Garten's, made gluten free of course! :)



Perfectly crispy and delicious!




I then made polenta to have with our buffalo stew- a great combination. Dave has his with Dogfish Head pumpkin ale.





Then, we had Christina's vanilla ice cream with our warmed apple crisp.



A perfect fall meal to warm our bodies before the weekend gets going ;)

0 comments:

Post a Comment