Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Maple Nut Granola

I've actually been eating cereal in the morning with a banana, and decided it would be good to make some fresh granola to have for the next two weeks!
My ingredients
Maple Nut Granola

4 cups of Bobs gf oats
1/2 cup of pecans
1/2 cup of almonds
1/3 cup of canola oil
1/8 cup of maple syrup( I took a picture of honey, but didn't use it!)
1/8 cup of agave nectar
1/4 tsp. of salt.
Preheat the oven t0 350F. Mix the oats and nuts together and toast in oven for 10 minutes. During that time mix the oil, syrup and nectar together. Take the oats/nuts out of the oven and mix with the oil mixture while hot. Bring the oven temperature down to 300F. Spray a baking sheet with oil. Place the warm oat mixture on the baking sheet and bake for 22-24 minutes. Take out of the oven and let cool. The mixture will break into pieces! Makes 2 quarts of granola.






Since, Luna's destructive week, I've been wearing these trail shoes in the snow- ugh!







BUT today my new pair of Sorels came in the mail! Yeah! No more wet feet... pants... cold toes... Note: they look purple but there are actually green!!




After some major essay writing today and a walk with Luna b. I came home and got the bbq chicken ready for the arepas.

In our little corn pockets tonight:
freshly pulled bbq chicken
Cabot cheddar
cilantro
fresh squeezed lime juice

I could only eat two, but Dave took care of the last one for me ;)
















0 comments:

Post a Comment