Wednesday, February 17, 2010
Yesterday was a blur- with Power Yoga at 6:30am, the snow, and my first Medical Nutrition exam. I had this power breakfast of two poached eggs on a bed of basil leaves on top of brown rice and millet bread to get my day started.
I was at school til 7:30(got out of class early:) and came home to make a spinning mix for this morning's class and watch the Olympics. I'm addicted to watching these amazing athletes! They are so amazing and strong. Overall it was a busy but great day.
This morning, Dave called me from work saying he thinks he has a head cold... so I made this soup for him from chicken stock I made last week(I knew it would come in handy)...
Head Cold Soup
- 4 cups of chicken stock(homemade preferable)
- 2 cloves of garlic(grated)
- 1/2 tsp. of fresh grated ginger
- 2 carrots peeled and diced
- 2 stalks of celery diced
- 3 scallions use whites and green tops(dice)
- 1/2 medium size white sweet potato
- 3/4 cup of cooked quinoa(follow box directions)
- 1/4 cup of diced parsley
- fresh pepper(to taste)
- Place all ingredients in a pot, and bring to a boil. Simmer for 20 minutes, and serve. (I might add some fresh roasted chicken for Dave for more protein)
Posted by Meg at 11:34 AM