Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Feel Better Soup

I woke up this morning feeling dreadful, like I was having a gluten attack(but I had had no gluten) and had a sore throat. So, I canceled my clients for the morning, and raced straight to the grocery store to whip up some "Feel Better" soup. It worked pretty well, and I got my notes written out for my exam tomorrow afternoon. Now, I just need to do some major memorizing.

Luna was a perfect angel today. We took a nice slow walk in the sun, and went to the park which I think was beneficial for both of us :)

In my "Feel Better Soup"

The soup starter(2x scallions diced, 1 tsp. grated ginger and 2x cloves of garlic minced)


3 cups of low sodium chicken broth


2 carrots(diced), 1/2 zucchini(diced), 2 cups of baby spinach, 1 cup of parsley(minced), 1 can of drained chickpeas, and 1 can of tomato paste...


Place all of the above in a soup pot, and cook on low heat for 30 minutes.

"Feel Better Soup"


I also made some chili for this evening, and picked up a poblano pepper to add for some extra heat. But, when dicing and de-seeding the little 'sucker' I wiped my runny nose. AWW- about 30 seconds later my nose was on FIRE! I researched online quickly, to embarrassed to call anyone, and came up with alcohol sanitizer, and cold milk. So I sprayed the sanitizer on my hand and placed it on my nose first, and then placed my nose into this cup of milk. I know it's weird, but it worked!!

MY LIFE SAVERS!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment