Monday, March 22, 2010

Monday Monday

What a wonderful exercise filled day! I walked to work this morning with Dave and Luna, which I hadn't done in awhile. Then, taught a spinning class at school for National Nutrition Month, and walked the dog a couple times around the neighborhood. Nice and active- I must say! :)

My wonderful spin class


I went grocery shopping and was so hungry, even after having a thinkThin bite I couldn't make it home! So I got a salad at Whole Foods.

My salad



Later in the afternoon, I made Pea & Mint soup. It is delicious, and made me feel like spring is coming, even though it is raining and cold outside. ;)

Ingredients:
2 10oz. bags of frozen peas
1 medium onion(diced)
2 scallions(white bottoms diced)
1 organic/low sodium chicken stock
6 mint leaves(chopped roughly)
1 tsp of extra virgin olive oil
1/2 cup of parsley
salt and pepper(to taste)

First, saute the onions and scallions in a medium soup pot on medium heat for 5 minutes.


Add the chicken stock and bring to medium high heat until the broth/onions reaches a simmer. Add the frozen peas, mint and parsley. Cook for 5-7 minutes until the peas are cooked. It is important that they retain their 'fresh' green color, so do NOT overcook. Next, blend the soup with a immersion blender. I then, put the soup into a colander so that half the blended peas were sifted out, creating a less chunky soup. But, 'do not waste' I ate the excess pea carcasses!! :)

Mint/Parsley


Non-blended Soup



Blended Soup



Our dinner tonight:
Turkey burger/chili sweet potato fries(roasted at 450 for 20 minutes)/corn tortilla/pea soup

0 comments:

Post a Comment