Saturday, September 4, 2010

Eastham Weekend

Yes, we did it! We came to the Cape during the Hurricane Earl. Thankfully, it ended up to not really be a hurricane but just some killer rain and good strong wind.

We got to Eastham around 12:30 and Elise had set up a wonderful lunch filled with goodies :)
Menu:
Curry chicken salad
Tarragon chicken salad
Black bean, corn and mango salad
Kettle Chips(we stopped at Whole Foods on the way)
Fruit


My plate ;)


We took a trip into Wellfleet and stopped at Hatch's Marketplace.



I do love these Buy Fresh Buy Local signs!



Elise and Stefan then took us to Mac's Shackfor dinner in Wellfleet. I was excited to go, since my last experience at the Shack was so fantastic. Our waitress was SO helpful. She checked with the kitchen about a large number of items on the menu for me !

I ended up picking clam chowder and it was so delicious. I can't remember the last time I had chowder. It always has a flour base, and Mac's doesn't! :)

Don't you want a bite...



For my main course I had the mussels special! A wonderful warm summer dish on a windy night!



We came home and played cards and laughed all night long... a fantastic evening.

0 comments:

Post a Comment