Sunday, September 19, 2010

A Weekend with Kristen & Peter

Our Canadian buddies, Kristen and Peter, came down for a long weekend from Toronto. This is their fourth annual trip down to see us. We always eat WAY to much, laugh a ton, shop even more, and plan for the following year for more New England travels.


We started on Friday with a trip to the Cambridgeside Galleria for a quick trip to jcrew(they don't have one in Canada), then met Dave for lunch at the Cambridge Brewing Company.

I had their butternut squash soup, and shared the “local” Jambalaya
(Butter Brook Farms Organic Chicken, Maine Shrimp, House Chorizo, Peas, Rice and Shrimp-Tomato Broth) with Kristen.


The delicious jambalaya. It really hit the spot!



We then hungout and got ready to head over to Kenmore Square: Red Sox vs. Blue Jays.

As per our tradition, we went to Boston Beerworks for dinner.

I had El Paso chicken salad. It had grapes, toasted pecans, avocado, corn, and mixed greens.
I ate about half, and was too full to finish!




Kristen and Peter at Fenway Park. It was the first game we had all gone to together, that the Sox didn't win! Argh!



Saturday was shopping day! We headed up to Maine to the Kittery Outlets. We all did very well. Note: the multiple bags!!



We stopped at Bob's Clam hut for a late lunch. I definitely couldn't find much that was gluten free. I got their clam chowder, which was delicious and was a better choice than others ;)

Can you tell this weekend is FULL of eating... We have decided for next year, to only go out once for a really nice dinner, and cook at home and travel around the rest of time.

But, on to the rest of the weekend...

On Saturday, we came home and hung around the house, and went over our packages(I did very well) before going out to a late dinner at Garden at the Cellar.

We ordered the tater tots(not gluten free), chickpea fries(gluten free- woo hoo), and bacon wrapped dates for appetizers. They were all so delicious and beautifully presented!




I had their tomato soup for dinner, which came with a grilled cheese that I had to have a bite off. I was slightly concerned that the soup wasn't gluten free, but I really wanted it! It was totally worth it, and I didn't have a bad reaction later.


This morning, I had my bridesmaids all over for brunch. I made a strata(gf brioche bread, eggs, milk, red pepper, onion, garlic, goat cheese, and parsley) AND


a gluten free cinnamon coffeecake.



I also had cut up peaches, strawberries and watermelon, yogurt and granola, and mimosa's for the ladies.


My plate



Kristen and Peter are off this evening back to Toronto. We will miss them, but know another trip is around the corner ;)

0 comments:

Post a Comment