Thursday, September 9, 2010

A little secret...

I'll let you in on a little secret. Dave Matthews Band is and will probably always be my favorite band. Tonight, I got home from class in time to watch the NFL kickoff and DMB just happened to be playing a pre-game concert. What a great way to end my day!


I started off this morning with a couple training sessions and a muscle class, which I took and did not teach! I then scooted home to make my lunch and dinner.

I remembered I had a spaghetti squash that I had picked up at the Truro Ag Fair on Sunday.

I decided to make a greek yogurt alfredo sauce with veggies. It turned out unbelievably creamy and delicious.

The ingredients:


Recipe:

1x small spaghetti squash(cooked and forked out)
2x large cloves of garlic, minced
2 tbsp. of brown rice flour
1/2 tbsp. of olive oil
1 tsp. of butter
1 shake of nutmeg
1 small contained of nonfat greek yogurt
1/2 cup to 3/4 cup of 1% organic milk(nonfat milk would be fine)
1/4 cup of Parmesan cheese or Romano(I used Romano)
1/2 cup of frozen peas and carrots
1 red pepper diced
1/4 cup of fresh minced parsley

Heat the olive oil and butter in a skillet on medium to high heat. Add the garlic and cook for around 30 seconds. Add the flour and stir. Next add the milk and whisk in to not allow clumps to form. Turn the stove down to medium to low heat. Next add the peas and carrots, as well as the red pepper. Cook for about 2-3 minutes until the frozen veggies are cooked through. Next, add the yogurt,nutmeg, and then the cheese. Cook for 1-2 minutes until smooth. Add the spaghetti squash and the parsley. Salt and pepper to taste. Voila!

My mouth-watering end product


I ended up having this for lunch at the hospital and for dinner at school tonight. It kept me going all day.


I also brought:
nonfat plain greek yogurt
slices of watermelon
apple


I came home tonight to Dave making about 5 cups of rice for Luna to accompany her meals. I stole about 1 and 1/2 cups(sorry baby Luna) to make a rice pudding of sorts for my breakfast. My ingredients: 1% milk, raisins, agave nectar, cinnamon and nutmeg.

Breakfast post workout tomorrow!

0 comments:

Post a Comment