Sunday, November 29, 2009

High Rise Bakery



I always forget how much I love High Rise Bakery! The smell of freshly baked bread is so comforting when you walk in the door. This morning, I took a friend from school for breakfast. I had the oatmeal, which other than High Rise’s, I DO not eat! Ugh, to me oatmeal is slimy and gross, and even though I KNOW it is good for me I never can stomach it! Their oatmeal is cooked in steamed milk, and has maple syrup, toasted pecans and dried cherries. It is SOOO amazingly delicious, and for small a good price at $3.50. My friend got the yogurt, granola and fruit, which I've also had, and next to my own granola is my favorite in town. It had the right ratio of dried fruit to oats and nuts, perfectly toasted and sweet! Overall, High Rise is known as being a little expensive, but the portions for breakfast or lunch sandwiches are HUGE! You can definitely share, which brings the cost way down. To me, the experience of seeing the day’s bread being made makes it all worth it!

High Rise Bakery
208 Concord Ave
Cambridge, MA 02138

High Rise Bakery(Harvard Square)
56 Brattle St
Cambridge, MA 02138

0 comments:

Post a Comment