Tuesday, August 24, 2010

And it still rains...

...So, I keep eating soup! I had pho chicken soup(leftovers) for two meals today - breakfast and lunch. I think I've said this before, but I love soup or stews for breakfast when it's cold out. They are so warm and inviting, and best of all wonderfully filling, so they keep me going all morning long.



After walking Luna in the rain TWICE I came home and did a strength circuit for a 1/2 hour.

In today's circuit:
- weighted dbbell crunches
- static lunges
- standing shoulder press with a leg extension on one foot
- biceps curls with dbbells
- monster walks with a band
- biceps curls with a band
- squat row with a band
- side lunges with a dbbell
- pushups on my toes(oh yeah!)
- single leg bridges
- dips and single leg bridges together(new exercises I'm trying on myself before using it with my clients)
- plank
- triceps extension with dbbells


Phew... I think I'm going to be sore tomorrow! So, it's good that I'm having a cardio day tomorrow, because that will help!



For a pre-dinner treat I made fresh guacamole: 1 1/2 avocados, 1/2 red onion, 2 cloves of garlic, 1/2 cup of cilantro, 1/2 tsp of Red Hot, 2x fresh tomatoes, salt and pepper- all thrown in the food processor and served up!


It turned out perfectly!


It was another pizza night at our house. We had roasted tomatoes, garlic and onions with fresh sliced tomatoes and basil toppped with fresh grated romano and part-skim mozzarella on Bob's pizza crust.

The finished product...


My plate, but truthfully I had two more slices. I was hungry after my workout ;)



Side note: my friend Marcia, from school, has a new blog. Check it out- she has great information!

0 comments:

Post a Comment