Sunday, August 29, 2010

A Sunday filled with cooking

This morning, we met my cousin Hilde and her dog Trot at Fresh Pond for an early walk to beat the heat. It totally worked and Luna has been passed out all day.


I tried to make curry egg salad with nonfat greek yogurt, diced red peppers, and curry powder for lunch. I thought it might taste good on cinnamon toast. I don't know what I was thinking. It was pretty awful. But, it's all about the trial and error!



Mid-afternoon I went to the Harvard Book Store and picked up Savor, Mindful Eating, Mindful Life and next month's book club book- The Hunger Games. I'm really excited about both.


Dave and I couldn't decide on what we wanted for our afternoon treat, until I remembered that we had peach ice cream and fresh peaches(thanks Hilde). Milkshake time!

The ingredients(Breyer's peach ice cream and fresh peaches)...


It was a little too thick, so I added about a 1/4 cup of Organic Cow 1% milk


They were delicious and a perfect Sunday afternoon treat!



Our dinner tonight: polenta cakes with mozzarella, fresh tomatoes, basil, and homemade pesto.



My plate


But, the cooking didn't stop there, oh no! I made fresh peach salsa(diced peaches, fresh yellow and red tomatoes, red onion, fresh lime juice and zest, chili powder, grated garlic, salt and pepper) and baba ganoush(one grilled eggplant with the flesh scooped out, one tablespoon of tahini, one minced clove of garlic, and salt and pepper). Two perfect dips for the week to have for lunch ;)

0 comments:

Post a Comment