Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Meals out

It's been a whirlwind two days, with lots going with our little lady, Lola. Through all of this, Dave and I have gone out a TON for food including: dinner last night, lunch today and dinner tonight. It's so interesting to me that this is how almost half of Americans eat. I can tell you, I am missing my kitchen and will be whipping up some great meals starting tomorrow. Get ready!

Flatbread Company, has gluten free pizza and is almost all organic and made from local ingredients. I got a regular pizza(mozz and red sauce) and a mixed green salad for dinner. Their gluten free pizza crust comes from Mommy's Muffins from NH. She supplies a great, crisp crust to the pizza company. Yum!



Today for lunch I met Dave at PF Chang's. I really don't like Chinese food, I am more a Thai girl. But, they have a complete gluten free menu, so we shared these gluten free lettuce wraps. They weren't bad, but nothing like the fresh spring rolls I can get at our local thai restaurant. Overall, my review, fair, but we had a gift certificate! So free, is always a plus!



We went with friends and my sister and her boyfriend to Trina's Starlite Lounge. This place has a great environment, and the food is superb. I had their sweet potato hash with bacon, and their chili. Everyone at the table ending up going for the hash, it was SO good. Their chili was both savory and sweet. It's so good, and came to the table piping hot! Dave, of course, got a pepperoni roll and the mac and cheese. Oh how is loves his carbs and cheese. The mac and cheese, is made with shells and comes with Ritz on top, and looked and smelled delicious, so I had to have one shell :) My sister and a friend of ours, got the hot dogs and loved them. Overall, Trina's Starlite Lounge is a great place to go to for a warm and pleasing winter meal, where you can find both healthy and not so healthy options. Can't wait to back!




Flatbread Company
213 Burlington St
Bedford, MA

PF Chang's
100 Cambridgeside Pl
Cambridge, MA 02141

Trina's Starlite Lounge
1 Beacon Street
Somerville, MA 02143-4377
(617) 576-0006

0 comments:

Post a Comment