Thursday, January 21, 2010

First day of school

Today was the first day of school, I had my Management in Food Service class, and Medical Nutrition Therapy(MNT). It should be a busy semester for sure, but MNT will be a huge help with my internship(mandatory to become a Registered Dietitian) in the following year. This semester will be a doozy, but I only have classes on Tuesday and Thursday, plus one online class, my first ever.

I found an ad for this book(below), in the New York Times, book review two weeks ago and picked it up after I finished Barbara Kingsolver- Prodigal Summer. BK's book was a good story and fun to read since it is set in Virginia. This book by Erica Bauermeister, called The School of Essential Ingredients is so well written. I feel like I can smell the food they are making, and see their faces through every sentence. This book is helping me take a closer look during meals by teaching me to smell and savor each bite!


On a random note, my freezer selection of soups and stews is low and I am looking for a thick and creamy butternut squash or other winter vegetable soup, that is not filled with cream or milk, but still tastes as creamy. I have a couple of ideas, but if anyone has a recipe they love, please post!

0 comments:

Post a Comment