Friday, January 15, 2010

Downtown Mall Day




Today I spent most of the morning at the Downtown Mall, where there are quirky little shops, and the best day spa in the country- Oasis! I was given an hour and a half massage from my cousin. It was a perfect end to this week. The masseuse, Emily, was really nice and worked out those knows- which before a weekend with three kids was much needed. :)

Oasis Day Spa
103 Water St
Charlottesville, VA 22902
(434) 244-9667
www.oasisdayspaandbodyshop.com


Afterwards, I headed down to Revolutionary Soup, which I was excited to see right around the corner from Oasis. They pride themselves in having local veggies, and high quality ingredients. I picked out two soups that were gluten free. The Spicy Senegalese Peanut Tofu soup which said it was a "spicy blend of jalapenos combined with mild peanut soup garnished with scallions & cilantro." I also got the Butternut Squash Bisque. I brought them home so I could have them for this weekend. But alas, the peanut soup(about half of it) ended up being my lunch. :) I plopped some roasted chicken straight into it for little more protein.



Revolutionary Soup
info@revolutionarysoup.com
434-296-SOUP
108 2nd Street SW
Charlottesville, VA 22902


The girls REALLY wanted to make creme brulee, so as of right now we are in the second step of making 6 ramekins worth. I wonder if I could make it with whole milk, or even low fat milk and it would still taste as good or set?

0 comments:

Post a Comment