Thursday, January 14, 2010

Another day...




Another day is coming to an end on the farm, and the sunlit is hitting the front fields so beautifully- I had to try and show you(see picture above).

I went back to the ACAC(the local gym) today and took an Endurance spin class. It was 90 minutes long, and by the end I will admit I was dragging. Yet, I decided since the stair climb is coming up soon, I should get on the stepmill for another 10 minutes of cardio to round my workout out to a grand total of 100 minutes. I lasted 7 minutes, before deciding I should take the time to stretch( aka my legs for tired).

Then after kid pick up today, I took the girls to see a friend of the families baby, Link. He is super cute and the girls had a good time playing around their house and holding the baby.

Now, we're back at the house and it's homework time. The amount of reading these three children do is astounding- they could read for hours. Every afternoon, the girls are downstairs on the dog beds with the dogs, on the couch in the kitchen, or the kitchen table reading for 30-40 minutes at a time. During the school week the house rule is no television or DS(handheld Nintendo) and without fuss, they just read in their beds for atleast another half an hour. It's awesome!!

Reading with the dogs...


For lunch today I had another "every veggie in the kitchen" salad. I found a yellow pepper, tomatoes, baby spinach, carrots and a small amount of avocado. An entire roasted chicken was only $5.99 today at Whole Foods, so I added about 3/4 cup of chicken(without the skin) to the salad as well, and some toasted pine nuts for good measure. It was soooo good and sooo filling!

Tonight for dinner we're having breakfast. The kids love breakfast, and were SUPER excited about this idea.

Off to feed the troops...

0 comments:

Post a Comment