Thursday, December 9, 2010

1st Holiday Cookie



My first holiday cookie recipe this year.

Gluten Free Spice Cookies
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup sugar
2 eggs
1/2 brown rice flour
1/4 cup cornstarch
1/4 cup of gluten free all-purpose flour
1/4 cup tapioca flour
1/2 tsp. of salt
2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. ginger
1 1/4 tsp. cinnamon


Preheat oven to 350 F. Place all dry ingredients in a bowl. Cream butter and sugar together thoroughly by hand or using a mixer. Beat in one egg at a time to the butter & sugar. Then, add the dry ingredients slowly. Mix well. Drop rounded teaspoons of dough onto a parchment covered cookie sheet. Bake for 10-11 minutes. Makes 30 cookies.



For lunch yesterday, I had a salad of greens with apricot slilton & pears with a small slice of corn muffin strata on top.


After a busy day of errands, work, and workouts(spinning and a Bootcamp dvd) I made black beans and sausage for dinner.



Tonight, I'm going to Bertucci's with my thesis class. I'll report back on their gluten free selections!

0 comments:

Post a Comment