Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Vegetables Galore

After being at the conference for days, my body really needed a good fill of fruits and vegetables.

So today I tried to obtain as many as I could...

My fruit/veggie list for the day:
- 1 banana
- 1 cup of brussel sprouts
- 3 carrots
- 1 red pepper
- 1/2 sweet potato*counted as a starch*
- 1 tomato
- 1 cup of frozen peas and carrots


Try making a list of V & F consumption. We should all be obtaining at the VERY LEAST 5 servings of fruits and veggies a day! Are you???




After training my lovely ladies this morning, I came home and made a buckwheat noodle peanut butter veggie dish.

My ingredients:


For the sauce I used:
1 tbsp of crunchy peanut butter
1 tbsp of gluten free San-J sauce
1 tsp of rooster sauce
1 clove of garlic, minced
3 tbsp of buckwheat noodle water(to make the sauce more creamy)
1 tbsp of sunflower seeds

My peanut butter noodle dish. The brussel sprouts were a great addition!


The afternoon was filled with a walk with Luna, some MAJOR catch up with school work, and a great workout on the spin bike!

Dave came home and asked for Black Beans & Sausage ( turkey sausage that is) for dinner tonight over quinoa! He even admitted over the weekend ,while I was gone, he had a MEATLESS dinner. Woo hoo!!




My friend Nyssa has taken up cooking, and I am so excited for her to discover all the fun you can have in the kitchen! Go Nys!

0 comments:

Post a Comment