Sunday, November 28, 2010

Happy Birthday Dave!!

The morning started off with a bitter cold walk with Luna...

I couldn't resist getting this picture of Dave and Luna.



Mid-day while Dave was in birthday video game heaven, I made turkey stock and Thai Turkey Soup. It is the best Thai soup I have ever made.

A couple of my ingredients: ginger, light coconut milk, and panang curry paste



The birthday cards have been piling up use, but I think the best gift all day was the Brewopoly I got him at the Craft Beer Cellar in Belmont. This store has an amazing selection of beer for Dave, as well as a collection of gluten free beer and hard ciders for me.



For dinner Dave wanted to check out a new place in our neighborhood, Foundry on Elm.

I got their squash soup and pear and walnut salad with grilled shrimp on top






Both dishes were excellent. Since I was trying to listen to my body(thank you Me Movement and Savor) I barely got through half. I think the fries I had when we sat down did me in! :)

We came home and I quickly put candles on Dave's favorite birthday cake- Shaw's white cake with white icing. He is marrying a girl who would bake him any cake in the world, and this is the cake he wants. Can't fight with the birthday boy!!! :)

On to Monday...

1 comments:

Meg said...

Thank you Paula!
I like your blog as well!

Meg

Post a Comment